Tainted Baby Food
Did you recently buy or feed your baby organic baby food?
Pollock Cohen recently filed a class action lawsuit in federal court on behalf of parents who purchased organic baby foods that were secretly tainted with dangerous levels of heavy metals. The suit also includes claims on behalf of children who consumed these dangerous metals.
If you believe your child was harmed by one of these brands, contact Pollock Cohen LLP today by calling (646) 290-9068.
Resources for Parents
Where to go for more information on heavy metals in baby foods
Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSUs)
- There are 10 regional PEHSUs in the United States. Click the following link to find the appropriate unit for your region and its resources: https://www.pehsu.net/
- Also, see this 2020 report from PEHSU Region 2 and New York State Children’s Environmental Health Centers: https://nyscheck.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/NYSCEHC_HeavyMetal_Food_March2020.pdf
Other resources and information about recent reports of heavy metals in baby foods
- Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/baby-food/baby-food-and-heavy-metals-advice-for-parents/
- HealthyChildren.org: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/feeding-nutrition/Pages/Metals-in-Baby-Food.aspx
- The Conversation: https://theconversation.com/how-safe-is-your-baby-food-155443
Talk to your child’s pediatrician about the best heavy metal testing for your child. Available tests include blood tests, urine tests, and hair tests, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks.
Pollock Cohen LLP does not provide medical advice. This page is intended to direct parents to potentially helpful resources. Please consult your child’s pediatrician or another licensed medical professional with any concerns about your child’s health.
If you purchased or consumed organic products made by one of the listed brands in the last six years, you can and should join our class action lawsuit.
On February 4, 2021, the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy Committee on Oversight and Reform published a report revealing that organic baby food produced by specific brands contained significant and dangerous levels of toxic metals.
- Earth’s Best Organic
- Happy Baby Organics
- Happy Tot Organics
- Plum Organics
Exposing your children to these toxic heavy metals can cause:
- Permanent decrease in IQ
- An increased risk of future criminal and antisocial behavior
- “Untreatable and frequently permanent” brain damage
A class action enables a group of people who have suffered similar harm to bring a single collective case and share in any potential award. You become part of a group, with far more potential power than filing a lawsuit on your own.
Filing a class action lawsuit allows us to consolidate evidence, witnesses, and other aspects of litigation to make the lawsuit more efficient, effective, and representative of all those harmed.
We are looking for people to join our lawsuit and serve as lead plaintiffs. As a lead plaintiff, you will be named in the suit and, along with other lead plaintiffs, represent all those affected by the actions of the baby food manufacturers. Your voice will be heard.
Complex lawsuits like this, unfortunately, take a long time. We will work closely with you to make sure you understand the theories of the case and are supported throughout the entire process. The first step is to contact us for an initial intake call. We will then schedule a follow-up meeting with one of our attorneys on the case. Those who have been affected by these brands can group together to potentially receive injunctive and monetary relief.